- The 7th Conference of the Hellenic Society for Computational Biology & Bioinformatics (HSCBB12) is co-organized by the Hellenic Society for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (HSCBB) jointly with the Institutes of Computer Science and Molecular Biology and Biotechnology of the Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (FORTH) and the Hellenic Center for Marine Research (HCMR).
- HSCBB12 will take place back to back with a Workshop entitled “New DNA technologies and informatics tools for studying marine biodiversity and adaptation“ (October 1-3, 2012), which is organized in the context of the project MARBIGEN (FP7,project number264089) (link to the workshop site) of the Institute of Marine Biology and Genetics of HCMR. This WS will be held at HCMR premises at Gournes, Crete and include training lectures and panel discussions.
- Selected abstracts will be invited for free of charge publication as a Special Issue to Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal (www.csbj.org)
- Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal (CSBJ) is the official affiliate journal of the Hellenic Society for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (HSCBB). Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal (www.csbj.org) is an online journal publishing research articles and reviews after full peer review. CSBJ is affiliated with the International Chemical Biology Society & Hellenic Society for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics. All articles are published, without barriers to access, immediately upon acceptance. The journal places a strong emphasis on functional and mechanistic understanding of how molecular components in a biological process work together through the application of computational methods. Structural data may provide such insights, but they are not a pre-requisite for publication in the journal. Specific areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Structure and function of proteins, nucleic acids and other macromolecules • Structure and function of multi-component complexes • Protein folding, processing and degradation • Enzymology • Computational and structural studies of plant systems • Microbial Informatics • Genomics • Proteomics • Metabolomics • Algorithms and Hypothesis in Bioinformatics • Computational Chemistry & Drug Discovery • Microscopy and Molecular Imaging • Nanotechnology • Systems & Synthetic Biology
While all general topics related to Computational and Structural Biology are welcomed, the editors reserve the right to pre-screen submissions based on the suitability of the topic of a submission and, therefore, the right as whether a manuscript will be processed/reviewed or not. Even though experimental validation is not required for publication, reliability and significance of biological discovery are validated and enriched by experimental studies.
The journal welcomes the submission of manuscripts that meet the general criteria of significance and scientific excellence, and enables the rapid publication of papers under the following categories:
• Research articles • Review articles • Mini Reviews • Highlights • Communications • Software/Web server articles • Methods articles • Database articles • Book Reviews • Meeting Reviews
- The Conference, which is the major annual event of HSCBB, aims at
being a forum for researchers in the relevant fields from Greece, Cyprus
and other countries to present their work and creatively interact for
the establishment of scientific networks and collaborations.
|Place:||FORTH, Heraklion, Crete, Greece|
|Event Dates:||4-6 October 2012|
|Workshop:||1-3 October 2012|
|Languages:||English - Greek|
|Abstract Submission Dates:||May 15 - September 5, 2012|
|Early Registration:||July 1 - Sep 10, 2012|
Special Travel Discount for all Attendees:
- The HSCBB12 final program to be announced.
- The HSCBB12 final workshop program to be announced.
Looking forward to seeing you in HSCBB12
The HSCBB12 Organizing Committee
The HSCBB12 Organizing Committee